Friday, January 25, 2008

Jumping the Shark

Gina's Friday poll today was about whether or not blogging has jumped the shark.

Though my presence in the blogosphere right now is spotty at best, I still love my blog and intend to return to it soon. But I must say that everyone's pretty quiet right now.

I think I just have too many hobbies. Yesterday morning, before I went to work, I was looking at the eyesore that is currently my lawn, and I was thinking that I really must get around to cleaning things up in time for spring. And then I thought, when? Between school, walking and writing, my life is eaten up entirely. Lately I've been having to go to bed at 9:30 or 10, just to secure myself 7.5 hours of sleep and I feel as if I just run from one place to another without ceasing.

I have no idea how writers are supposed to balance their creative drives against a full time job. I seem to be in this sort of all or nothing head space, where I write frantically or not at all. Which is all to say that I'm sorry I haven't been blogging. When I do have time to sqeeze it in, there's nothing to say. I went to work today. I came home and checked the internet to make sure it hadn't exploded while I was away and then I walked 4 miles. I came home and wrote until dinner time, graded papers and then wrote until bed. That is all. I am profoundly boring.

I sometimes think of simply announcing that I'm going on hiatus, but then I'd just break my word, suddenly appearing to announce that my nose has been whistling a lot lately, or some other humiliating tidbit.

Cause that's how I roll.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I've found that every time I have ever announced a hiatus, I have found something to write about and broken it within two days. It's foolproof. =)

School, walking, and writing sounds like a pretty good life, actually. Might not make for interesting blog posts, but it sounds nice to me.

penelope said...

Megs, we are all profoundly boring. But it is our gift and our privilege to share our nose whistles with the world.

hat said...

Your tidbits are interesting when I have nothing else to write about and have to browse other people's blogs! I've resorted to posting pictures, hoping that looking they are worth 100 words, if not 1000.

ashley said...

Nose whistles and Lady Elaines are what make the world go round! There will be NO shark jumping!

Gina said...

There is definitely some weird thing going around the blogosphere right now. But, hopefully it will pass and we will all regain our energy!

hat said...

Just checking in to see how things are going in your corner of the world...