Friday, January 26, 2007

Five Things About Me (Which Will All Be Weird, Because, Well, It's Me)

Tagged Again! by the awesome Velocibadgergirl, who is my long lost sister from another mister.

So this meme is technically just 5 facts, so it might be a tad bit more boring than the list of 55 things that make me just left of normal.

And just let me say, as well, that I am tickled to death to see that she has actually physically written my name on a piece of paper and scanned it into the computer. I love that someone I have never met wrote my name down on a piece of paper. Don't ask me why that's so thrilling. It just is.

1. I have no tattoos and no piercings (except the standard earring holes that I agreed to at age 9). If I could go back and do it all again, I wouldn't even have those. I kind of like being perfectly intact. Wait, I have no tonsils. So that would be imperfectly intact.

2. I can't drink coffee. It's not the caffeine, per se--I drink enough Diet Pepsi to fuel a rocket--but something about coffee as the delivery system makes me very jittery and crazy. Also, if I drink coffee, I smell very strange afterward. There's sort of a stale, dark smell about me. It lasts for days and is highly unpleasant.

3. About once every year for the last 3 years, I have a week where my sleep cycle becomes abnormal. I start sleeping very deeply and dreaming strange and vivid dreams that I have trouble waking up from. Several years ago, I dreamt that I was being chased by huge chessmen. I woke Thomas, telling him that we had to climb out the bedroom window, that they were just behind the door! It took about 30 seconds for me to realize that my arguments made no sense. I kept saying, "There's no time to explain!"
Once I walked into the living room, waved enthusiastically and yelled, "Hi, guys!" It's not sleepwalking exactly, because I am awake...just confused.

4. These fine dinosaur heads stare at us while we pee.


5. Last, but not least, I have extreme difficulty keeping up with my shoes and my beer. Those who have been to parties at our house know that I spend about 65% percent of my time chasing down one or the other. My constant refrains are, "I've lost my beer again", "I have to pee", and "Has anyone seen my shoes?"

Oddly, in our household, I am the "finder." I have a semi-photographic memory and have powers of recall for the mundane that are somewhat astounding. Where did we put the snap machine? I'm all over it. Track down a costume from 4 years ago? No problem. 80's song lyrics? I'm your girl. But where did I leave my beer?

I'm tagging:

Andrea
Josh
Gina
Ashley
Pen and M

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMN IT.

i'm excited. :-D

........and it's 'joshua'

Cue said...

Oh balls.

Gina said...

Oooh, I echo Andrea, well said.

No tattoos or other-than-standard piercings here either. People are just not thinking of what they are going to look like at 60. Not pretty.

velocibadgergirl said...

I covet those dinosaur heads. Covet, I tell you.

ashley said...

I love dreams. I've never been much into astrology or anything like that, but I have always loved my dreams and placed enormous faith in their abilities to tell me interesting things about myself. Thanks for tagging me to reveal more strangeness about myself! ;)

mendacious said...

how large are these dino heads? and do their eyes ever glow read...

i will do what i can to live up to such a mission.

M

Cue said...

Shoot, I still haven't done this. Sorry! I will, though! Really, I will.