Sunday, December 02, 2007

Megs in Blue

I loved the peach, but after a year, I was ready for a change.

There went Sunday night. :)

It's poem Sunday again, but I'm tired, so it's going to be a little one.

Tired Sex by Chana Bloch

We're trying to strike a match in a matchbook
that has lain all winter under the woodpile:
damp sulphur
on sodden cardboard.
I catch myself yawning. Through the window
I watch that sparrow the cat
keeps batting around.

Like turning the pages of a book the teacher assigned --

You ought to read it, she said.
It's great literature.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the color, but I wish the background behind the text could be a plain gray. The little blue bits make it a little hard to read.

Keep the background background, though, it is gorgeous!

Megs said...

Thanks, Amanda. I'll work on it. The gray sometimes fades away.

hat said...

I love it.

Also love the glasses on the new profile pic!

Jonathan Beckett said...

I like the wallpaper in the background, but also think a more plain version of the text background would be nice so it's easier to read the body.

velocibadgergirl said...

LOVE the blue flowers in the back! Very nice!