Thursday, May 03, 2007

Odds and Ends

So, I want to blog, but not much of note has been happening.

Today is the start of Free Comic Book Day (Weekend) at Fanboy, so Thomas has been absent and/or frazzled all week. I've been lazy. I re-read A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel and remembered how very much I like it. I rejoiced that Beat Box Blake was not kicked off of Idol. I drank some wine.

I went back into my old archives and discovered that some old IHOKians did, in fact, come to find me, but that I never noticed as it was last July. I've unearthed some old pictures of some of these people and have been reminiscing, but only with myself, as I have no way of getting in touch with these fine people.

Gina posted a prom retrospective prompting me to want to write about the prom, but I'm saving most of my crazy prom pictures for my birthday next month. But here are some funny ones, just to tide you over.





Please note my perm (top) and recent baldness (bottom).

All in all, I went to 7 formal dances at my high school and although they were as horrifying as formal dances can be expected to be, I would still go to one now. There's a great element of camp, and also I like to dress up and then make fun of myself later. Thomas and I started dating when my friend Michelle held an 80's prom for her birthday (5 years ago this weekend, incidentally). I still like to tell people that Thomas asked me to the prom.



I loved shopping for that hideous dress. I had my mom fed ex me my crimping iron. Thomas got me a corsage so big it actually dwarfed my boob. It was awesome.

4 comments:

ashley said...

Is it just me, or is this like the most touching season of American Idol EVER? How cute was all the man hugging between Chris and Blake? And how Ryan Seacrest almost seemed loathe to break them up now that they're best friends.

I, too, am glad Beat Box Blake will be around a bit longer.

And I drank some wine. Just for good measure.

velocibadgergirl said...

OHMYGOD! An 80s-prom-themed birthday party?

Dude, I LOVE YOUR FRIENDS!!

j. shelton said...

i wanna be interviewed!

and i was very glad 'beat box blake' didn't get kicked off.

-joshua

Cue said...

That is an awesome, awesome picture. :)