Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Smartest Woman ALIVE

So, on Sunday night at WE Fest (yes, I promise to stop talking about WE Fest soon and do all those memes that are staring at me from beside the computer) I saw this guy who looked really familiar to me. I start elbowing Thomas and insisting that the guy who played the older brother in Little Miss Sunshine is standing behind me. Thomas looks and doesn't see the guy I mean.

Periodically throughout the night I see him again and become more and more insistant that I'm seeing the guy from Little Miss Sunshine and Fast Food Nation. My friends are non-committal in a sort of yes, dear, I guess that could be him, sort of way.

I go home and IMDB him, discovering that his name is Paul Dano and that he is in a band, and between that and his picture, which is EXACTLY the person I saw, I am convinced in my own mind.

Today the WE Fest Website confirms that Paul Dano's band, Mook, did a surprise show on Monday. I've just called every person that I know to announce that, in fact, I am the SMARTEST WOMAN ALIVE.

I can't believe I missed his band, though. By Monday, I had hit the end of my ability to rock out and was laying in bed eating pizza and watching movies. But I'm still the smartest woman alive.

3 comments:

Gina said...

We need to get you a sash of some sort, so you can wear it around and everyone will know!

penelope said...

That is so fantastic. I love celebrity-sightings, as well as the thrill of celebrity recognition victory.

ashley said...

Kudos to you for your sharp recognition skills!