Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random Stuff

So, other than a previously mentioned drinking binge--which, in its highlight, included a fine meeting with all my favorite bloggers and, in its lowlight, involved me drinking keg bud lite--nothing much is going on.

Please note that I linked to Fanboy--you should all be reading Thomas's newsletter which is high-larious, truly, even though I am is wife and I have to say that. Also, each week includes Bryan Sandala's head in various strange photoshops, so you really must see it.

Gerber daisies, freshly planted: still alive. (miracle).
Beer in fridge: none.
Plants planted with small children in classroom setting: 6.

Just finished: Life of Pi, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Time Traveller's Wife. Faith in Fiction: restored.

2 comments:

Cue said...

I almost purchased "Life of Pi" whilst on my 'vacation,' based on our convo, but I couldn't get past the fact that I still do not want to read this book. I am going to, though. I am going to do it, and I am sure you will prove to be right, and then I can join you in loving it too.

ps, Am currently reading "Peter Pan." I did not realize that the stage version had been written before the book -- so it seems the play does, indeed, rule.

Mr Sandala said...

This week's photoshopped version of my head/body is especially good--yes, it's me as a zombie, but I've still got that pipe in my mouth. I told Cyrus that I'm not a big smoking fan, so he's going to make sure the pipe has bubbles coming out of it next week.

We'll see...