Thursday, November 30, 2006

Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

It's over. I did it.

This has been a really interesting month for me. In some ways, I felt like blogging every day has been good exercise. There were days when I had nothing to say and a big white box in front of me and I felt I rose to the occasion, and was able to make something out of the mundane. There are other days were I just took up space in my own archives.

I had a great walk-and-talk with Cue today. Through talking to her, I realized that my sense of how and why I was doing this changed with a changing audience. I was more aware of people reading my blog than ever before--not that it affected what I wrote but who I wrote it for. I had fun, overall. And there's always a sense of accomplishment in completing a goal you set for yourself, even if it's a list you made filled with things like getting up and getting dressed, just so you could cross them off.

I've been tagged by Velocibadgergirl with the same 6 weird things meme. And because she was so sweet on her blog about my "about me," I will capitulate. I think this happens to me over and over again because this entire blog is essentially a running log of all the weird things about me. I've gone back and chronicled for myself all the slightly-off-center things that I've already revealed to you, my anonymous internet friends, and I will put it in a separate post so that you don't have to wade through it unless you want to, but here are the new ones:

55. There's a Jolly Roger flag flying in front of my house.
54. I've memorized and can rap along with at least 15 Eminem songs in their entirety.
53. Two naked hula people named Jorge and Evangeline grace my dashboard.
52. Lately, I am constantly convinced that there is fuzz on my face. I don't know if this is an OCD or if there actually is fuzz on my face.
51. I hated Pirates of the Caribbean.
50. I finished NaBloPoMo '06.

7 comments:

penelope said...

Congrats on item 50!!

But, could you please elaborate on item 51? Did it have to do with Keira Knightley, or was it Orlando Bloom. I refuse to believe it had anything to do with Johnny Depp.

Gina said...

It is interesting how the writing changes once you think about who is reading. Once I read that, I realize that I do it as well.

Anonymous said...

I initially misread Jolly Roger as Jolly Rancher, which was fun and mystifying because I had no idea that Jolly Rancher flags existed.

Sadly, I guess that is because they actually do not. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Cash Advance information reveals how to get the best deal on an online cash. Safe and secure online cash loan no faxing.

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the downgrade delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=aston desktop 1.9.2 with 26 themes ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you functioning the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.