Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hrm

well, I quit the job today. I feel all weird and shaky and nervous inside, like you do when you know you're about to be caught doing something bad. I think part of the weirdness is that I'm having trouble getting in touch with my school, which is making me worried that I've been fired in absentia and am now jobless. Will try to just be ok and enjoy the weekend and my whopping two days off this summer.

There is a pain in my right eye, but I'm hoping that's just stress. Have broken the news of my quitting to my dad and received obligatory lecture about health insurance, but all in all, I think it went better than I expected. I just hope he's still proud of me.

I want to be funny and write funny things. I know I had a whole list saved up from when I was blog-less, but now of course I can't think of anything. I'm tired of whining on my blog. When does life get easier? Does anyone know?

5 comments:

Cue said...

Oh dude. I wish I knew. I stopped blogging for a week because I had nothing witty or cute to say, and I still don't. I'm not in a cute/witty place. I'm in a listening to The Fray and drinking wine place. While in the bathtub.

What am I doing with my life? Is the other question on deck. Along with, when does life get easier.

penelope said...

I'm pretty sure the answer is never.

xoxo,
Miss Mary Sunshine, decked out in PJ pants and desiring wine since 1PM.

Kim said...

The trick is to pretend like you're in a movie. A really hip movie, like Garden State. Where crappy things happen, but it doesn't matter, because there's an awesome soundtrack...

daisy said...

I'm sorry I didn't check in. The thing is, I was reading the blog... and so I sort of felt like I was checking in, but I should have REALLY checked in, but now it doesn't matter because you've done what you need to do and OMG, I promise it was the right thing to do, and it's so much easier to be funny and witty when you're not exhausted from a job you hate. I promise.

My yoga instructor told us yesterday that everything we want/need is within us.

I wish I believed her.

That being said... You'll start to feel better soon. And anyway, health insurance is SO over rated.

ashley said...

Yes, health insurance doesn't really do anything for you unless your almost dead. And as my parents reminded me this weekend as I complained about auto insurance premiums and taking out a giant loan for a new car, it's just the first of many huge scary decisions I have to make in life, financial or otherwise.

Let's go back to grad school where it was perfectly acceptable to not make any of these decisions because we were still students.