Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Amazing Striped Woman

I am so in love with my digital camera.

I have this problem where I just refuse to want any new technology. For a long time I thought that it was somehow part of being an English teacher--you know how your English teacher could like, never even operate a tape deck? Some kid would always have to come up to the front of the class to push play? I thought my inner English teacher prevented me from understanding or desiring new, high-tech things.
But really, I think it may have been strange luddite tendancies in my parents that caused me to feel that no one needs these things. We never had cable or call waiting or a CD player. I didn't even own a CD player until 2001. I have no cell phone...I still use dial up....The little old man in me always says, "we got along fine without that all this time." Probably I just know how much I would enjoy these things and know I don't have the money so I pretend to disdain them.

But dude, this camera rocks. So please bear with me as I shower you with boring pictures.


My house!

My back garden: note hidey gnome

I grew an eggplant! (granted, I had to throw it in the trash, but still)

The lovely view from our back deck

My legs are stripey!

1 comment:

penelope said...

Your house is so flowery and happy! I love the stripey legs pic, too. It looks like you're wearing stockings.