Friday, November 02, 2007

Day 2: Electric Boogaloo

So it's only day two, and I'm already like, uh.....

uh.....

Because life hasn't been much fun lately. Not too much to blog about in ye olde blogosphere.

But I will say that since the fake quitting debacle of June 2006 I have been absolutely, 100% in love with my job. Maybe it was that I needed to go back to an office for three months to realize what a pleasure it is to be around a bunch of insane elementary school kids, or maybe it's that last year I had an assistant and this year my class size is beyond reasonable...but today I stood out on the playground, playing tag with my kids, and thinking, I love the shit out of every single one of you. And who gets to go to work and actually love the people that they work with?

There's nothing like the feeling of that little hand reaching up to nest in yours, even when you're leading that child to the principal's office for telling a teacher he had a great big butt.

Think what a ball of craziness I'll be when I have my own kids.

Tomorrow's post is going to be a big one. But I can't talk about it yet.

edited to add: when I got home tonight, an orange adirondack chair that sits on my front porch (behind a table!) was placed directly in front of my door. What can it mean?

4 comments:

velocibadgergirl said...

We have to add "love of teaching small children" to our list of common traits.

I'm going to tag you for a meme sometime soon, so watch for that if you need inspiration. :D

Cue said...

The chair is protesting. Or else, demanding attention.

Jonathan Beckett said...

Small children are perhaps the most powerful force in the universe. I am reminded of the power of the laughter in Monsters Inc.

There is something incredibly uplifting about having your hand sought by a small child just to walk along with you...

Gina said...

Small kids can really be so cute. They can be a little horrid at times, but mostly so cute.