Saturday, November 17, 2007

Urg.

Why must I consume so much beer on Fridays?

Every week we think of some reason why we should wait until Saturday to go out, usually because of fundage, or some play that we're going to see, or because that's when our friends will be out. All those things were true yesterday, and yet we went out anyway.

Why? Because on Fridays I fill up with joy and blossom like a flower and dance about the house feeling relentlessly social. I want to drink and be young and forget, for a moment, that I am a grown up teacher lady who is so not going to enjoy tomorrow if she consumes all the beer in the world today.

Urg. again.

But I started my Christmas shopping today, which is always very enjoyable. I am pleased, if a little staggered, by my purchases.

And tonight we are going to see a production of Reefer Madness downtown. So I expect tomorrow will be more of the same with the added bonus of having to do my schoolwork.

2 comments:

j. shelton said...

Because on Fridays I fill up with joy and blossom like a flower and dance about the house feeling relentlessly social. I want to drink and be young and forget, for a moment, that I am a grown up teacher lady who is so not going to enjoy tomorrow if she consumes all the beer in the world today.


HAHAHAHAHAHA

i totally agree with that. i want to drink all the beer everynight of the week.

where do you teach at?

Cue said...

Me and the beer are on the outs at the moment. Even so, I totally get where you're coming from. The end of the Friday work day usually comes with palpable relief, regardless of the job. And somehow, I don't see that changing.

Good for you for starting with the Christmas shopping! I have absolutely no idea about any of that.