Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Electric Boogaloo

This morning as the alarm went off and I, as usual, about jumped out of my skin, I was thinking how likely it is that some form of electronic noise will kill me someday. My friends and family think it's hilarious how I will jump up and claw the air if the doorbell rings, clutch myself if someone's cell phone goes off, screetch when I hear the kitchen timer....but it's not. Each time I've lost a few minutes off my life. Someday, when my husband turns on the car radio and it's set to 20 instead of 12 because he's been driving on the highway, I'll just keel over dead from the shock and then how will you all feel? Huh? Then how will you feel?

Unrelated idea: Whenever a movie sequel comes out, I feel compelled to add "Electric Boogaloo" to the title. Examples:
X-Men 2: Electric Boogaloo
Bad Boys 2: Electric Boogaloo
Aladdin 2: Electric Boogaloo

See how satisfying? I dare you not to say it in your head every time you hear of a sequel from now on.

No comments: